During COVID-19, the federal government declared a public health emergency. During the emergency, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services paused the Medicaid renewal process. With the Emergency ending, MDHHS is restarting renewals. A renewal is when MDHHS checks to see if you are still eligible for Medicaid. To keep your coverage, you may need to fill out a renewal form. There are trained navigators available across the Thumb region that can help. Navigators can assist with updating and reporting any changes in your information. If you are no longer eligible, they can assist with Healthcare.gov health insurance applications. Contact a navigators for help today!
· Trish VanNorman, Harbor Beach Community Hospital
Phone Number: 989-712-0203
· Alecia Parks, McKenzie Health System
Phone Number: 810.648.0580
· Nicole Bannister, Sanilac County Health Department
Phone Number: 810-648-4098, ext. 110
· Melissa Osentoski, Cheyenne Reynero & Diane McFarland, Hills and Dales Healthcare
Phone Number: 989-912-6218
· Alyssa Fabyan, List Psychological Services
Phone Number: 989-672-6160 ext. 104
· Kim Vermeersch & Barb Dufty, Scheurer Health
Phone Number: 989-453-7301 ext. 5011
· Colby Bundy, Tuscola Behavioral Health Systems
Phone Number: 989-672-3167
There are things you can do now to help the renewal process.
1. Update your address, phone number, and email.
2. Report changes to your household or income.
3. Check your mail and text messages for a renewal packet.
Navigators can help you complete these tasks to make sure you receive information from MDHHS. With these steps, you will be ready when you receive a renewal packet. If you receive a renewal packet, be sure to fill it out, sign the forms, and return them by the due date. If you do not complete your renewal, you may lose your Medicaid coverage. If you are no longer eligible for Medicaid, you can choose to buy health insurance through Marketplace Healthcare.gov. You may qualify for a very low cost plan. Navigators can help you understand plan options and complete the application process.